The first time I begin to reinvest my time to review and reflect what I did in a day and record what should I Keep/ Fix/ Change.
Last week I finish my third terms study and went back to my hometown. A busy but meaningful short vacations in China. I met my friends, family members and took apart in a concert by play VJset in my hometown with my friends last Saturday. In general the experience is very valuable for me as a case that finish a short project in 3-4days. And moreover, I would like to apply the tool what I learnt from CDM to review this unique experience.
1. Effectiveness: Made more than 10 visual effects by using Touchdesigner in 3-4 days.
2. Fast learning: I didn't have enough experience about Touchdesigner. By watching the online tutorials and personal understandings, I made a progress of the learning curve of this software.
3. Creativeness: Most of the visual resources are created by myself. Also remix some visual arts from the online tutorials.
1. Time management: I didn't create a time schedule to optimize multiple art works and map with MIDI controllers. The time what I invest in the creation is too much.
2. Nervous: If I feel nervous, the thing won't get well. Need to be remembered.
1. Rehearsal more: Without at least one time rehearsal, the performance will be awful. I need to make sure the timing of music and visual effects should be matched with each other.
2. Checking the space earlier: We arrived too late! It is time management problem again, but more like a team management. We should have a time box people to control the time. We should arrived earlier, like the day before yesterday, to tuning the tone and adjust the projector. And also left enough time to make everything perfect, reduce the accidence.
3. Make a tick for all the equipment: Forget the VGA transformation port and Audio interface in Canada, which caused the unnecessary expense and depending time from others.
Anyway, it's a good opportunity to work with my old and new friends, and also a good chance to know what should I improve and learnt from each other.